Concentrated ionic strontium supplement for all marine fish & reef aquaria
- a high quality, maximum strength ionic strontium solution which is two to three times as strong as most competing products and designed to safely raise the strontium level in marine aquariums, providing essential strontium for increased growth rates in corals, coraline algae, crustaceans and many other marine organisms.
- It contains no acetate, gluconates, polygluconates or other unnecessary organics to pollute your aquarium.
- It is phosphate and silicate free. May be used simultaneously with Kalkwasser.
Use in aquarium keeping
- Strontium is required for formation of aragonite accounting for up to 1% of its weight, and some strontium is lost to precipitation.
- With regular use of Reef•Basis Strontium, corals will open more, resist bleaching and resist skeletal rejection better.
- Continuum recommends that you maintain a strontium level of between 8 and 13 mg/L (ppm), a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm).
- Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L).
- Do not add Reef•Basis Strontium to buffering (alkalinity) products.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (200 L) of marine aquarium water 3 to 4 times per week.
- For best results, measure the strontium concentration and add as required to maintain the concentration between 8 and 13 mg/L.
- Dosing through use of a drip system is a superior method of addition.
- Do not mix with buffers or alkalinity supplements prior to addition.
- You may mix it with calcium, magnesium, and many other supplements.
- Determine the amount of strontium consumption during the time it takes add the entire volume of your drip system.
- Determine the amount of Reef•Basis Strontium to add in milliliters by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by 0.133.
- Example: if you have a 100 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by 1 ppm with the entire dose, you would multiply 100 x 1 x 0.133 which equals 13.3 ml of Reef•Basis Strontium or about 2-2/3 capfuls.